Geovision 55-1120B-160 16 Channel Video Capture Card

Steve Cap

n3wb
Reaction score
Trying to migrate 32 analog cameras onto a blue iris setup. Blue Iris mentions support for analog capture cards but I see no documentation as to what cards are supported. I know analog is for dinosaurs and IP is better in all the ways, but rewiring is out of the question, and axis encoders or ethernet over BNC is almost 4 times as much as a couple of 16 channel Geovision cards. Just seeing if anyone has tried or had any luck with these cards or any other 16 channel capture cards for that matter. Alternatively any hearty hybrid (IP and analog), 32-48 channel plug and play suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance!

Steve Cap

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I couldnt upgrade the PC running the analog 16 Ch. card. It was stuck on win 7 32 bit, I installed Win 10 and found out there was no 64Bit driver support for the Analog card. I got frustrated and bagged the whole system...
I bought a 16 ch. Nightowl to replace the a 16ch analog card....I wasn't able to import those feeds into BI. But I was able to use some of those cams on a an Amcrest DVR and bring them in as 192.168.1.207 cam#1 192.168.1.207 Cam#2 etc.....smaller scale than you.
What I'm saying is maybe you can connect your 32 cams to 2 - 16ch Amcrest DVR's, and then access them via in BI......
I have 2 night owl dvr's and they werent not friendly to BI. I can however bring them into the PC that is hosting BI....by using a Nightowl for PC app....but definitely not as conveninet as having them ported to BI.