Getting ads all the time

mbuster

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've suddenly started getting ads a few days ago. I've logged out and back in, I've closed the tab and reopened a new tab, I've removed website data (cleared cache MacBook). I just logged out, closed the tab, cleared the website data, opened a new tab, opened ipcamtalk.com, clicked on forums, selected ChitChat, don't get ads in sticky threads, but get big ads on first couple of regular threads. Opening post for first 2 have no content, just ads, then the rest looks normal. Click on US Elections (& Politics) and I get more ads. Is this happening to anyone else. What else can I try or what did I miss?

mbuster

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I was aware of ads above and below the post on every page and an ad that pops up at the bottom each time you change pages or refresh that you can drop down. But I have been getting ads between posts and inside posts like one would get if not logged in and viewing as a guest.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
they really could back off on the annoyance style ads here. all they do for me is make me shut the web page on my phone, swear like a School bus driver, and wait until i get home to use the Ad-blocked browser on Chrome.
Too bad really...there are ways of serving ads in a more pleasing fashion.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
they really could back off on the annoyance style ads here. all they do for me is make me shut the web page on my phone,...............
I could go down a similar rant with television commercials. We rarely watch anything without recording it first, but when I'm occasionally captured by a commercial I'm totally aghast at how stupid they are, and how they say little or nothing about the actual product. They're utterly offensive to any functioning brain cells. I wonder how there could be anybody stupid enough to buy something based on these abominations?

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
I really like how the ads make the posts show up now vertically. Really good for someone that might be horizontally challenged...

View attachment 192956
I was getting the same thing using Chrome. The ads would prevent some forum posts from being shown. I solved the problem by switching to the Brave browser.

mbuster

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I will look into Brave browser, I've been hearing good things about it. Thanks.

So this is happening to others. It was just a few days ago that it started happening to me. I can make the extra ads go away if I go back to the forum list and choose the latest post in a forum thread. Its all good until I refresh if the thread appeared to not update.

TRLcam

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
PiHole. Network wide ad blocking. Works with openVPN so I don't get ads while traveling. Best opensource software utility out there.