Getting Audio in a DAHUA bullet camera

kamkamone

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I have an IPC-B5442E-ZE , which unfortunately doesn't have a built-in microphone. I didn't know this beforehand, at the time of purchase it was even still in the description, andy then corrected it...

How can I get sound into it cheaply and easily? (Apart from the dahua original mic)
Does anyone have a tip for me?
I have lavallier mics with a jack connection. Will they work with a jack to cinch (RCA) adapter?

thanks!

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I and others have had good luck with this microphone. Microseven IP Cameras

You have to supply it with power. The most common way is to give it 12 volts using a POE splitter at the camera. Interesting that the online specs say 1-10 volts, but the graphic says 12 volts. I've been supplying them with 12 volts for years.

Alaska Country

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The MicroSeven website list the voltage requirements as follows:

"Supply voltage 8V-20V DC (recommended to use 12V, greater than 500 m recommended 15V)"

Tested the device at 5 VDC and it runs but the gain is low. At 8 volts it does fine. Run these at 16 VDC with a DC wall wart. Measured the current at a little less than 1 mA. These can be tested with a 9 volt battery if a suitable wall wart is not available.

Also check this site as there are a number of threads devoted to this subject.

Alaska Country

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Would also make your same assumption. At 5 VDC that mike just barely works with low gain.

Tested using an old Heathkit variable DC power supply. Works well for this type of testing in spite of its age.