getting my onvif camera to work on tinycam thru the nvr

corvairbob

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i have tinycam and i can see 8 cameras that are on my zmodo dvr thru tinycam. i also have 8 ip cams and i see them thru tinycam. but i can't record on them like i want to so i got a nvr for the cameras to connect thru using my network. all my ip cams are hard wired thru a network switch to the router and i see them well. i had tons of trouble getting my cams on the nvr to see them on the nvr monitor, but i did finally get 1 to connect and now i see it on the monitor. my router sees this cameras ip address and i have port forwarded all the possible ports this camera might use 5000, 80, 554. and the 34567 the nvr says t uses. but still nothing on tinycam on my phone.

in tinycam i have the nvr ip address for host name web port 80 rstp port 554 in both standard and advance modes and in advance i have the modems address. now for the zmodo i use the same info for host but the zmodo's ip address and i use my modem's ip address in the advanced page.

so can any tell me what i'm missing. i did this nvr the same way as the zmodo but for the address and ports. i used the ports for this nvr and still nothing. i know i missing something!

on this nave it has digital video recorder nvr for the name and model as nvr6208 but i do not see this in tinycam. so maybe someone has this unit and can tell me what camera make and modle to use in tinycam. i know i can got into the settings and chang the channels to get more than 1 camera to show as i did that with the zmodo.
thanks for any help.

oh forgot to say when i search for cameras this one shows up with port 5000 but beyond that i can't get it to connect. thanks

Last edited:

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
you have a port confilct. from the outside of your network, the only way in is thru your modem/router's external IP address. (folks will say NOT to use port forwarding, but that's not what you're asking about so I won't go there. ) in your modem/router's port-forwarding config, you need to assign DIFFERENT port on the outside for your new NVR's port 80, as port 80 is already forwarded to your Zmodo. if your router doesn't support remapping the port, you may need to move the NVR's GUI from port 80 to another port (like 81) and forward THAT to the NVR...

corvairbob

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
thanks i do have a ton of forwarded ports i have the one the nvr said it uses and the ports the camera uses and 80 and 20-21 etc but it is still not getting tru. i have done this for the ip cameras and the zmodo dvr but for some reason the nvr is not working. liek i say it has to be in there somewhere and i'm missing it.

i have to use port forwarding even to see the cameras i can see now. if i take the ports way i can't see the cameras even setting in the house. they still want to come in thru the outside.

actually my zmodo doesn't use port 80 i changed that on this nvr i do not see where to change the media port the mobile port or the command port. in the netservice i see pppoe, ntp, email, ddns, ftp, upnp, resp, cloud, mobile reported, gb28181. so i really have no idea what one if for the mobile pport. on the zmodo it is the mobile port that lets me view my cameras from anywhere. i add that number into the tinycam web port and rtsp sections and i get to see those cameras for anywhere. so for the moment i'm lost. i have been changing numbers but so far batting zero. again thanks let me know if i missed something here.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
sounds like you have mess. i suggest you draw out a diagram of all your network, modem, router, switches, cams & nvr's & their ip's & ports, so you can get it all straight in your head.
that would also make it easier for someone else to understand your setup and offer help.

corvairbob

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i have all the other set and running and i see the camera on the nvr monitor now. i'm just trying to get it to go on the app on my phone. i know about port forwarding and i have them done but in the app i need to find out what it is called for a model and make. it may not be possible here if no one is using that app on this site. thanks for the ideas and help. i did go to the tinycam forum they just started maybe someone there can help my out. again thanks a bunch for the help. if i do get it i will stop back and input that info just in case other are working this out.

corvairbob

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ok this is what i have found. i went into the ipcam app from robert chou and i found a zmodo h8008 dvr that likes the cameras in this nvr. what i did was used the same camera and made 4 cams so i have 4 screens then i used chous app and found all 4 of them and then i deleted 1 cam so i had 1, 2, -, 4 on the nvr screen and then i ran chous app again and i got cam 1,2,-,4 on the phone. i moved the cams around the app and chou's app on my phone followed them. so i send a note to alex and asked him if he can add the zmodo dvr-h8008 to his app and then i can use that model to show my cam's that are on the nvr.

so if anyone if trying to do this here is one possible solution for you to try. i will not know for sure until i get the next camera and install it and then go back into chou's app and see if i can find it and show it. i'm thinking i should be able to. and if alex get's this into his app and i can see them i'm all set and will return to say it is working or not. thanks.

well i got the cameras but they do not pan with this dvr so i will keep searching.

Last edited: