Getting my toes wet.

WantechD

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am a WAN tech/ Network Engineer that is new to the IP Camera world. I work for a department of transportation and manage the network that includes our traffic cameras, as well as other devices. I have always been involved in IT or telecommunications in some capacity. I have been in my current position for about 6 months and have really been enjoying working with the cameras. I am here to learn, share, and enjoy.

Thanks,

WantechD

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello!

If it is anything like the DoT public cameras I've seen, then you have your work cut out for you! Still using analog cams in 2015...

WantechD

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes. We have mostly analog cameras. Close to 200 of them. We have started migrating to IP cameras.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am a WAN tech/ Network Engineer that is new to the IP Camera world. I work for a department of transportation and manage the network that includes our traffic cameras, as well as other devices. I have always been involved in IT or telecommunications in some capacity. I have been in my current position for about 6 months and have really been enjoying working with the cameras. I am here to learn, share, and enjoy.

Thanks,

WantechD
Welcome, lots of us newbies here, this is a great forum.