Getting ready to build a box for BI5 and docker containers under UnRaid

SageTX

n3wb
Reaction score
I know Blue Iris is windows only. I'm looking to set up a server so a Nas sits in UnRaid, with dockers for openWrt (router), openVPN, Plex and supporting dockers, and HomeAssistant docker.

My biggest question is - does blue iris need a standalone computer, or can it run inside a virtual computer under UnRaid?

catnhat

n3wb
Reaction score
I know Blue Iris is windows only. I'm looking to set up a server so a Nas sits in UnRaid, with dockers for openWrt (router), openVPN, Plex and supporting dockers, and HomeAssistant docker.

My biggest question is - does blue iris need a standalone computer, or can it run inside a virtual computer under UnRaid?
I have seen it run as a VM online but haven't seen anyone running it in unraid vm.

But I am curious to follow your post and progress. I am trying to decide if I need to buy a separate box or upgrade the hardware in my Unraid and run as VM.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Blue Iris will run in a virtual machine, assuming the VM has good enough performance. Obviously you won't be able to use hardware acceleration unless you can pass-through a compatible GPU.