Gonna test this out

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Don't get too hung up on auto tracking. I have it, it's cool, I use it sometimes. I'm glad it's in the camera. I use it when I'm out during the afternoon or evening. But in typical residential with tress, bushes, and leaves, it can make it less dependable at times. My opinion, scheduling should be higher on the list of features in the ptz- sometimes called timing events. And if possible, it's also a good idea to see what exactly it supports in scheduling- or how much it supports in scheduling. With good scheduling capability, you can schedule the camera to different preset positions throughout the day. You can schedule scan and tours. It's often a good idea to schedule a preset tour for after hours and weekends at businesses. I do that for the place I work at. Even auto tracking should be able to be scheduled if it's in the camera. Most dahua's support timing or scheduling, as far as I know. Don't buy a ptz without scheduling capability, imo. Aside from being able to just move the camera, scheduling it move how you want it to is a powerful use of a ptz.