Got the camera just in time!

n4gry

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My new Hikvision 2432 arrived today! Just in time for the storm.... I set it up quickly (Wi-Fi) and set the camera in the back window looking northwest. We were under a tornado & sever thunderstorm warning! I didn't want to miss that. So this is the first clip from the new camera. I was a little late to catch the wall coming at us. This is 15 min. compressed to 30 seconds. Luck has it that it all went north of the house. Nice camera so far!

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Awesome looking storm, thanks for sharing :D Great quality on the Hik

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Love storms. I'll be posting some too as the season wears on. I actually used to love storms more than I do now. The electrical interruptions can be a PIA to an otherwise smoothly running network. Not to mention storm damage itself. But they are awesome to see.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here's a small storm that one of my customers cameras caught. Watch the mailbox, lol. Did you speed up your video or is that real time? It looks pretty good.

n4gry

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here's a small storm that one of my customers cameras caught. Watch the mailbox, lol. Did you speed up your video or is that real time? It looks pretty good.
That was about 15 minutes shown in 30 seconds. If I remember right about 1/1000 on the speed. I like watching clouds but it is better if they move fast!

Someone needed to install the mail box better.... (Bigger NAILS)

Last edited by a moderator:

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Caught this storm on a perfectly quite spring morning the other day, the forecast only calling for some showers. :sick:

n4gry

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Love storms. I'll be posting some too as the season wears on. I actually used to love storms more than I do now. The electrical interruptions can be a PIA to an otherwise smoothly running network. Not to mention storm damage itself. But they are awesome to see.
I am a certified Storm Tracker so I have seen a few. It is nice to watch but not so nice is the damage that they can cause. When you are out in your car we have the windshield test, from time to time, if you still have a windshield the hail is not bad enough... LOL

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
I am a certified Storm Tracker so I have seen a few. It is nice to watch but not so nice is the damage that they can cause. When you are out in your car we have the windshield test, from time to time, if you still have a windshield the hail is not bad enough... LOL
You should have a dash camera installed without question, if you don't already.

n4gry

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The dash cam sounds good but I am now retired and don't do as much as I use to. Then you have the wife problem too!

bombo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Nice catch.
Cam looks great

My new Hikvision 2432 arrived today! Just in time for the storm.... I set it up quickly (Wi-Fi) and set the camera in the back window looking northwest. We were under a tornado & sever thunderstorm warning! I didn't want to miss that. So this is the first clip from the new camera. I was a little late to catch the wall coming at us. This is 15 min. compressed to 30 seconds. Luck has it that it all went north of the house. Nice camera so far!

n4gry

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Speaking of storms, was thinking about getting this - http://www.ambientweather.com/amws1000wifi.html

Since you're a certified storm tracker @n4gry do you have any experience with it? I plan on integrating it with wunderground :D
Personally, I have no experience with that one. I did have a friend in CA that has something that sends information directly to Wunderground but I am not sure. They are fun to have and you always have the most updated information.

n4gry

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nice catch.
Cam looks great
Thank You bombo, It was right out of the box and I didn't change any settings. Now the storms are out of the area I will have some time to play with it. I got the 4mm lens and so far am happy with it.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score

Where do you live? It looks awesome.

n4gry

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Where do you live? It looks awesome.
I live in central Missouri. Out in the middle of nowhere. The land is really good for nothing other than hunting. Hills, trees, and rocks. A lot of rocks! but it is quiet out here most of the time... :peaceful: