Grainy image. Lens damage?

lownoma925

n3wb
Reaction score
I've got two EzViz CTQ3W cameras, one with moderate sunlight exposure, while the other is in a carport with no sun exposure. Both of them are showing signs of something breaking down. I'm not familiar enough with any type of cameras to understand what is happening and am just curious. Sensor damage?

backyard.png

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Sunlight does not damage security cameras. They can have the sun directly in view.

The pink on the left looks like infrared that made it past the IR filter. It could indicate a stuck IR filter, and you may be able to fix it by telling the camera to switch to black & white mode, then back to color. Or if that is a dome camera, it might also happen if the light blocker between the IR LEDs and the lens is not seated properly such that a strong glare is making it through the IR filter.

But the noise throughout the image is also concerning. No camera should have noticeable noise in a well-lit day scene like that. I suggest resetting everything to factory defaults in case the image processing settings got really messed up. If that doesn't fix it, then I would think about replacing the camera.

Gwakie

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips... it ended up being the exposure value. Good as new! Now, if only I can get the kid to clean the back yard up a bit ;) His mess, not mine!

View attachment 106855
Thanks for this, I had the very same issue. After fumbling around with the Exviz Desktop App I was finally able to adjust the exposure settings and the problem is now solved.