Hanwha/techwin IP Cams

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Tried to post this on a recent thread that had been deleted by the time I had typed it up and hit the 'post thread' button. Despite its deletion, I thought the feedback might be helpful to some

Believe it or not, Hanwha/techwin (samsung) are NDAA compliant.

2-3 years ago when I tried their cams, their product line was pretty (too) vast & of the few I worked with, the dome camera and base were plastic. The outdoor mount was comprised of 3 pieces (box, arm, pendant cap) each had to be ordered separately and came with very little hardware compared to others I've worked with. Of the several parts missing, they did not provide a seal between the box and the arm. Why the #&%$ wouldn't they provide a gasket seal? At the time, ordering the mount pieces based on their documentation was not clear and I ended up ordering the wrong parts. When the right parts came in, the colors were off... beige arm, white pendant cap. I do not recall if they had the wiring pigtail or not. The GUI seemed a bit counterintuitive and it's layout seemed too 'spread out'. Other than some post install framing/aiming corrections, I have not had to touch them since.

I recall the last axis cam (q1700) was without a pigtail. Mounting the axis was a bit more of a pain to connect but not bad. The cat 5e cable did not require a 90° bend, although I have encountered the piss poor ethernet jack placement on other electronics in the past. More often than not, 3 hands would've made the connecting a bit easier.