Hardware acceleration does not work

murmelbahn

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

sadly I can't get the hardware acceleration of Blue iIis 5 working.
My setup is as followed:

Win 10 VM on ESXi 7
PCI Passthrough of Intel UHD 620 GPU
Latest driver from the Intel Website (tried several older ones but no one of them changed the behaviour)
GPU is recognized in Windows.

Some applications are using the GPU:

1617693686790.png

Also it is visible under the performance tab:

1617693749229.png

In Blue Iris I have configured the following settings:

General config:
Cameras -> Hardware accelerated decode (restart cameras): Intel (I have tried Intel + VPP but with the same result)

Camera config:
Video: Hardware decode (Here I also tried Intel and Intel + VPP without luck. As far as i know choosing default here should use the settings from the general config mentioned above)
Record -> Video file format and compression -> File (container) format: Blue Iris DVR (BVR, allows reading while writing) and Use Flac audio compression
Record -> Video file format and compression -> Video compression -> Direct-to-disc (H264/5 IP or hardware encoders only)

Sadly I have no clue what to do next. Maybe someone can give me a hint?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

D0T-C0M

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is that a virtual win10 machine? If so I believe I saw that HA doesn't work on a virtual machine. Someone will quickly correct me if I'm wrong. :)

duotronic

n3wb
Reaction score
Is that a virtual win10 machine? If so I believe I saw that HA doesn't work on a virtual machine. Someone will quickly correct me if I'm wrong. :)
Esxi is enterprise vmware.
Try digging into the virtual machine advanced settings in the esx client where you would change boot to cd.

murmelbahn

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

thanks for your replies. Im quite sure that the GPU is correctly "mounted" to the VM. In the screenshot above you see that Windows and some application are using it.