Have four HIKvision IP Cube cams: 2 of four wi-fi stopped working, New cams needed?

MacMan

n3wb
Reaction score
Four years ago set up four HIK DS-2CD2442FWD-IW all programmed and working well for four years. Two have lost their WiFi connection light and I'm nt smart enough to revive them. USA HIK tech support refuses to hep because of the model numbers. I don't know how to read the configurations using an Ethernet cable from the IP cam connected to my Mac. I have one new boxed/sealed one, but forgot how to set it up.

Maybe it's time to get four new models, but have no idea which to get.

WHAT I WANT: because the HIK cams have this now:

1. No cloud and no subscription. No monthly fees
2. High def video. 4MP or greater. 1080 or better.
3. Can view in real time anywhere by using WAN IP
4. Motion detection with mask field
5. Two way audio
6. Color
7. Can be used with IR light array
8. Wireless (except for power)
9. Local SD card in camera with clips downloadable by software as well as removing the SD card

Currently for the work working cameras, use Guarding Expert and IVMS v4200. (Mac). Port openings have been configured in my router.

Is an easy-to-understand manual or video available so I can at least set up the unopened HIK IP CAM and see if it can be programmed to match the more important of the two old unusable cams?

Since the wifi section of two of the cams is not working, Is there a way to use an ethernet cable from these malfunctioning IP cams to my Mac and save the config file so i can be fed into the new camera?

Cannot view these cams live with Safari, Firefox, Chrome, etc. because the plug-in is no longer supported. Is there a workaround? New plug-in? Or does one just use Cam Apps like IVMS?

Any suggestions?

Last edited: