Hawk drinks and bathes in my pond filter!

Reaction score
Hunter Hawk drinks and bathes in my pond filter. So i made a home made flower pot bird bath for him. Well i guess he didn't like it, so he went right back to the pond filter. So i moved the new bath next to the pond filter, so let's see if he will use it when he comes back to drink and bathe. I also placed bricks in the filter so he can't get in there.

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
When I had a koi pond. A red tailed hawk would use it every day for his bath. The pond is going now, because the fish disappeared. I am not sure if he ate them or the raccoons ate them. I did not have any cams back then to see what was going on.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Reaction score
When I had a koi pond. A red tailed hawk would use it every day for his bath. The pond is going now, because the fish disappeared. I am not sure if he ate them or the raccoons ate them. I did not have any cams back then to see what was going on.

He may have eaten them. i have chicken wire and the boards you see to keep him and hunter Heron out of the pond. When i sit out there in the evenings i take everything off. I hope he uses the new bath.

jon2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
your garden would look nice with some chickens and rabbits running around in it oh and maybe a little goat to keep the grass short,

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
When animals are more civilized than human beings :lol:

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The rabbits or chickens wouldn't last long here, with the Hawk around. :) A goat has a big veterinary bill, so i'll pass on that kid too.
With a goat and a rabbit on the loose. There will not be any garden left. Hell, I am sure the goat would even eat the garden hose.