HDR Connection

Reaction score
Hello, I have just bought a Zosi hdv cctv system. How can I connect my old cameras to the hdv. The sockets on the rear of the hdv are marked poe , and my old cameras are wifi which are connected to a power supply.
Any Ideas ?.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello, I have just bought a Zosi hdv cctv system. How can I connect my old cameras to the hdv. The sockets on the rear of the hdv are marked poe , and my old cameras are wifi which are connected to a power supply.
Any Ideas ?.
I don't know what 'HDR" or "hdv" is but if there are POE ports on the rear it sounds like a POE "NVR".
  • What is the exact model number of the Zosi?
  • What about make and model of the the cams?
That said, unless all devices are truly ONVIF compliant, the prospects are dim for the NVR working with those cams but we'll see. :cool:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, Sorry about the mistake all the names I get mixed up.
No problem, lots of terms in play.
The camera I know is ONVIF but not sure about the nvr. I tried one of my old cameras and the nvr found it and said it was ONVIF but I could not get a picture.
  • What is the exact model number of the Zosi NVR?
  • What about make and model of the the old cam that won't connect?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The cam that is powered by a power supply and is Wi-Fi? You would need to be able to perform at least these 2 things:
  1. How to set its wireless IP to a unique, static IP in the same subnet as the NVR's LAN and add it to the NVR that way.
  2. Add it to the NVR using "private protocol" as found on page 10 of the PDF file here.
If the cam is ONVIF compliant, you should be able to run the free ODM (ONVIF Device Manager), log into the cam's IP, select "Live Video" and see the URL you'll need for that "private protocol" at the bottom right of the screen.

That's really the best I can suggest, I know of no other way since there's a lot unknowns and I'm not familiar with any of your devices.