HDW4300S web-based settings explained in detail??

tomas21

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Where can I find a detailed manual that explains what all the onboard web-based settings mean for Dahua camera like the HDW4300?

There is a ton of different settings and I'm trying to figure out what all of them do since some inconsistencies exist like anti-dither, etc. I've attached some screenshots with some of my questions. Ideally a thorough manual would be ideal explain the settings.

View attachment HDW4300S Settings.pdf

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
how are you recording? A NVR, FTP, SD etc?

You want to record your mainstream not your sub-stream.. unless your recording the mainstream someplace else and want to put the substream on a local sd card for backup.

I have no idea on the rest I dont do motion detection... The internet is your manual, all the video settings are industry standard terms.. these are china cameras, if there was a manual it would say "All your base are belong to us".

Set your substream bitrate just under your internet upload speeds so you get best quality without dropping frames when viewing remotely.

tomas21

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Recording is done to a local ftp server.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I would crank the motion bitrate up to 6-8Mbit (your on 4Mbit now) and put it at 15fps.. your recording only motion?

alot of people put the general main stream to 5-6FPS and record that 24/7 and motion events get the FPS bumped up to ~15-30.. this way you are always recording and the FPS jumps up when motion is detected.