HDW5231R-ZE wall mount with PFA122

costib

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is my first post, so first thing first I have to say - Hello ipcamtalk, you've created a great community in here and the information is great!
After few weeks of reading and taking notes, as recommended I'll pick up one HDW5231R-ZE as a test camera from Andy and start playing with it before decide for complete setup and start installation on site.

Now back to the topic:
I know that HDW5231R-ZE data-sheet lists the PFB203W item for wall mount, but "it happens" that I have the PFA122 junction mount and I'd like to use this instead.
Checking datasheets from both camera and mount, it seems that they match together and I should have no problem(see yellow highlighted dimmensions).

If I'll mount the camera in a vertical position on the wall and directed along it, I'll also have to rotate the lens clockwise ~90˚.
According to camera data-sheet Pan:0˚~360˚; Tilt:0˚~78˚; Rotation:0˚~360˚, seems that I should be able to rotate it.

About the Tilt:0˚~78˚ for me it means that lens won't be parallel with the wall(would need ~90˚ for that), is this going to be a problem?

Can I mount it this way and are there other aspects(negative) implied?

Thanks in advance,
Costi B.

Attachments

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You should not have any problems with this turret on a vertical wall.

1 of my HDW5231R-Z is mounted on a vertical wall as well and was able to line the camera correctly for a landscape view because the camera in this turret is a ball.

costib

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK, thanks for info.
Does anyone else used the PFA122 mount for HDW5231R-ZE without any problems?