Head up on Dahua's newest firmwares

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I managed to brick one of my camera last night trying to update it with the newest firmware but probably at my own fault.

Dahua recent firmware had some changes to it. Dahua finally eliminated the need for a web plugin to view using the built in web GUI viewer which is awesome! Also, when you boot up the camera for the first time, it will prompt you to read and accept the agreement and choose some setting options before you can log in.

I used the built in web GUI updater to update the cameras but at one point between the camera update, I noticed that the updater GUI was still has the new version GUI on the camera with older firmware as soon I start to update it and then it was too late. The camera went into a reboot loop but, I was able to unbrick and recover it again putting the new firmware on it.

Also, at one point, the web GUI was asking for a web plugin on the newer firmware so I emptied my cache then it started to display viewscreeen without needing a web plugin.

If you plan to use build in web GUI updater on the old firmware to update it with the new firmware, be sure to empty your web browser cache before going to the next camera to update it.

Also, if you plan to reset it to default, the Config Tool will not be able to initialized the camera because Dahua added a new agreement which require you to accept it before you can use the camera. The Config Tool seem unable to bypass the agreement or doesn't support it yet.

Using the built in web GUI seem to be the only way to accept the agreement so you will need to use web browser to initialize the camera after a default reset.

adamg

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
There was 'new firmware' sometime in early 2018 that also did that annoying change that prevents ConfigTool from configuring a factory default camera.

MakeItRain

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Which cameras now support using built in web viewer?

I am using Amcrest's WebView which allows me to view all and access every Dahua camera I have and the NVR. It's basically a plugin that strips down the Chrome browser into a window that can support the video stream into that window.

Jim_OS

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dahua switch from their (own) web plugin to Adobe Flash based web interface. :rolleyes: So the browser has to work with the/a Flash plugin.
Google Chrome still works with NACL Web Plugin, or Easy Viewer Plugin, or (your) Amcrest's WebView. These are all the same plugins. ;) I just tested the Amcrest's WebView with my SD49225T-HN (New Flash based web interface).

But - Adobe Flash has many problems, so Adobe plans to kill flash completely until/in 2020. And then ... nobody knows that. :)