Heat index issue?

Donald

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
My "Heat Index" was working and had no problems. Now suddenly with no changes it shows N/A. The heat index value is still shown at Weather Underground just as before. Any ideas? My brother has the exact same problem. My station is KTXDICKI19.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: BIT has a issue in , in the km/h speed

I will look into it

Donald

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score

Mike
my brother tells me that he has had the same problem for nearly a year. Intermittently showing N/A for heat index. Mine is also intermittent, sometimes showing a value and sometimes showing N/A. His station is KAZCONGR4

thanks for looking into this.

Donald

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score

Mike,
I looked at some of my recordings. Heat index is N/A Below 81 then is displayed. I am observing upper temps today as it is working at the moment, reading 90.

again....Looking at my recordings I see the heat index increasing during the day but above 98 it goes to N/A.

so in brief I am seeing numbers at temps between 81 and 98. Outside that range is N/A.

Edited .... Today 7-22-2016, heat index ranged from 81 to 103 then went N/A.

Don

Last edited by a moderator:

Donald

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score

Mike, are you seeing my problem or am I wasting my time?
By the way I removed and reinstalled BIT but no joy.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score

@Donald I am out of town on vacation, will be back this coming week and will look into it. I am making a huge effort to fix all known bugs and release regular updates.

Last edited:

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score

@Donald, the station ID you provided is not showing anything for heat index. If it is reporting N/A sometimes then it's an issue with the station.
<heat_index_string />
<heat_index_f />
<heat_index_c />
<windchill_string />

@FinalX are you on the latest version? Can you give me your station ID please. It's working fine on the stations that I'm testing:

Temperature: 83.0° (28.3°C)
Humidity: 81%
Wind Speed: 8.0 MPH (12.87 km/h)
Wind Desc.: From the ESE @ 8.0 MPH (12.87 km/h), gusting to 8.0 MPH (12.87 km/h)

Donald

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score

Mike,
my weather station is KTXDICKI19 and is online continually. I seem mostly to get N/A values when the Heat Index is in excess of 100. Of course that would be afternoons now. I do see Heat Index values below 100 with no problem.

my brother has an identical weather station at KAZCONGR4. He is in northern Arizona so his heat index is in excess of 100 most of the daytime unless it's raining which is rare. He is reporting the same problem. He also see's Heat Index values below 100 ok but in Arizona that is for short periods of time.

As you mentioned the weather station may be at fault and both of these stations are the same.

thanks for your time looking into this.

Donald

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score

Mike,
I don't know how you collect your data. I have EasyWeather logging all data from my weather station. By comparing the log of "Heat Index" with the display of BIT I see the following.

Actual weather station always shows correct value. Logs from EasyWeather also show the same value as the display. BIT fails to show the heat index value as soon as the number becomes a 3 digit number. BIT shows N/A in this condition.

I don't know of any other way to explain this. Everything points to BIT being at fault.

Don

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score

Mike,
I don't know how you collect your data. I have EasyWeather logging all data from my weather station. By comparing the log of "Heat Index" with the display of BIT I see the following.

Actual weather station always shows correct value. Logs from EasyWeather also show the same value as the display. BIT fails to show the heat index value as soon as the number becomes a 3 digit number. BIT shows N/A in this condition.

I don't know of any other way to explain this. Everything points to BIT being at fault.

Don
3 digits...Interesting, sending you a PM.

Donald

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score

Working with Mike we have determined that Weather Underground intermittently gives incorrect data or missing data to BIT for the Heat Index. Mike will be reporting the problem to Weather Underground. So that concludes this thread for the time being.