Hello all from Lithuania. Newbie in cctv world.

drulia

n3wb
Reaction score
finally took the plunge and went shopping for ip cam, didn't have any experience with surveillance before. Went to surveillance camera store and got myself a Dahua IPC-HDW2849TM-S-IL and had huge expectations, I paid 200€ for it, must be great camera! :D Well... it's alright, but wouldn't say it worth it's price. But I just can't learn anything until I actually try something. Connected camera to frigate and have it on home assistant, had to setup turn server for remote access, but lucky me, had already barely used droplet on digitalocean with 1TB bandwidth that I'm paying for anyway, should be enough for my use.

Now I've spent a few days messing about with camera, certainly have no complains for day use, at night I switched off led, kept IR and it does decent job with 10 meters, no so much further down. So I went looking and found this forum and I couldn't believe prices you got in US, I mean some cameras cost like 3x in Lithuania, crazy! But lucky me, there is Aliexpress, so after going through various posts and reviews for a while, I decided to get myself Dahua IPC-HDW5442TM-ASE-S3 and Hikvision DS-2CD2347G2H-LISU/SL for my next step. As I understant both are 4-MP 1/1.8" and with IR capabilities, so should be quite an improvement from my current camera at night. I already bought them, so perfect time to tell me where I did a mistake ;)

As it is, I'm planning on rather wide angles, ensuring that camera covers the corner it is placed at. Current camera is placed right above the entrance door. Need at least couple more for other side and end of the building, behind the camera is neighbours yard. I admit that I don't have fully planned setup yet, so ideas are welcome. I need to cover area that pretty much spans on the right to the red tractor and on the left to the forest visible in the background.

Anyway, wanted to say hi :wave:

P.S.
attachment is a screenshot from 1080p TV, I do use 4k and 8Mbit/s stream from camera.

Attachments