Hello all

Meauxsie

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm hoping to get some basic help with some Chinese made IP WIFI cameras. The end goal is to get away from the various buggy limited-function mobile apps, and be able to configure them to view in a single full featured, split screen iOS mobile app and pc/mac program as true IP cams with remote viewing, fine tuned motion detection, alerts and recordings.

Although unbranded, I assume they work similarly on a network. So far I have not been able to get Blue Iris, IP Cam Viewer or iSpy to connect. Probably need specific path syntax or correct port, or maybe DNS/IP number set manually, not sure.

I will post the rest of my situation and questions in a more relevant section of the forum-- maybe someone can direct me to the correct area? Thanks guys.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm hoping to get some basic help with some Chinese made IP WIFI cameras. The end goal is to get away from the various buggy limited-function mobile apps, and be able to configure them to view in a single full featured, split screen iOS mobile app and pc/mac program as true IP cams with remote viewing, fine tuned motion detection, alerts and recordings.

Although unbranded, I assume they work similarly on a network. So far I have not been able to get Blue Iris, IP Cam Viewer or iSpy to connect. Probably need specific path syntax or correct port, or maybe DNS/IP number set manually, not sure.

I will post the rest of my situation and questions in a more relevant section of the forum-- maybe someone can direct me to the correct area? Thanks guys.
Are they "cloud based".

Meauxsie

n3wb
Reaction score
To some degree, it's hard to tell because of the poorly translated manuals and apps. Some do seem to want you to register with them, mostly they send you push alerts on detection, and rely on a not included memory card for recording.

The best cloud cam I've bought is the WyzeCam, cheap with free cloud storage.