Hello All

Pack

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here and had a question. I picked up an Vivitar 112 security camera. Just as a novelty . We have some stray kittens in our backyard, so I setup the camera to record them. The camera has a spot for a microsd memory card. The camera seems to record video but the files on the memory card are .avs files. I tried opening the files with several video editors but I always get an error. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I presume VLC was one of the programs you tried, it may not support avs. I've read Media Player Classic supports it but I don't know if that's true or not.

Pack

n3wb
Reaction score
I will try media player classic. I did try VLC player but it gave me an error. Thank you.

Pack

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, I tried that first. I downloaded all different media players and converters. I emailed vivitar and they sent me generic instructions to watch the video. Even with the free trial of the vivitar cloud storage I can't access the video. On my andriod phone I can play the video but when I remove the microsd card from the camera and try to watch the video on my PC . I get errors. I appreciate the help. I think I will email them one more time before I return the camera.