Hello Everyone

Sichuan

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm still in the first phase of configuring a 12-16 camera IP POE system. I'm not very knowledgeable about security systems so I'll have a lot of questions. I always spend hours or days researching a subject before I turn to forums to seek advice from those with knowledge, skill, experience and the answers I need because I don't expect others to do my work for me.

After spending weeks doing research online and asking questions of others I have decided on a Hikvision USA system. I will be getting all my equipment from genuine, authorized Hikvision USA dealers so I don't expect to experience many of the problems caused by buying gray market equipment made for the Chinese market but sold here in the U.S. I'd love to buy the gray market cameras and NVR. I could save a ton of money and they're the exact same products I'll be getting from Hikvision USA sellers. I'm currently in the process of using software to determine exactly which cameras I need for the fields of view I want. That should eliminate many other problems and questions.

Thank you in advance for your time and any assistance provided. I appreciate it very much. I have nothing but admiration and respect for those of you who sacrifice time away from your family members so that you may assist people such as myself who lack your experience and knowledge.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sichuan

n3wb
Reaction score
What software are you using to plan your cameras?
Hello ColBogey,

I'll be using this software to configure my system:

http://www.jvsg.com/

I'll be buying this NVR so the software will be imbedded. I'm fairly certain that it will handle whichever cameras I choose. The seller I'll be buying it from was referred to me by a Hikvision USA sales manager so I imagine I'll be getting the full warranty and good customer and technical service for the cameras and NVR if I need it. Hopefully I won't. I'm going with authorized sellers because I'm concerned about English firmware updates. I don't want to end up with a firmware update in Chinese Mandarin or getting my system bricked during the update process. I'm going to buy two more drives, either 4TB or 6TB WD Purple Surveillance drives, to add to it. I'll be doing continuous surveillance due to a recent breaking and entering.

http://overseas.hikvision.com/us/Products_accessries_10649_i8679.html#prettyPhoto

Last edited by a moderator: