Hello from Miami

gatornek

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello.

Bought a Lorex 4k camera package pretty darn close to a year ago. Never wanted to outsource the work, because mainly A) I have specific requirements, and B) my home has a VERY TIGHT attic crawl space. For some reason always wanted to do this whole thing myself. Anyway, living in Miami, I needed to wait for temps to cool down in order to do it, and I finally got that a few weeks ago. So I finally finished running the wires through the attic and into my office space where the DVR will sit. I still have to mount the cameras, but I did get a chance to test them.

I'll have a few questions for sure. I hope y'all can help this noob.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Welcome. that's kind of how I started.
Decided to do it myself. got up in the Attic of the Garage and started doing cable drops,
but you bought a better system right outta the gate.....
I didn't know anything, and when my roomate decided to Spring for a camera system, we thought the Lorex was pretty expensive, and shes cheap.
So we got a cheap Analog Nightowl system, and we got screwed.
When i found this place, i realized i had a lot to absorb, so i just kinda lurked around, and on rare occasion would attempt to comment.
Took me awhile swap everything over to IP cams. so much more tunable with the Web interfaces.
The guys were helpful.

Last edited:

DanDenver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I ran many of my Cat5 wires, and in most cases I ended up running even more wire a second and third time. It is how I got up to 18 cameras all over my property.
It is rewarding and fun. Just 4 months ago I flipped out my 16 port POE switch with a 24. I hope you are having a fun time!