Hello from Sunny UK.

Reaction score
I am a complete CCTV novice, some nasty person has been messing with my car, so i just bought and set up my new CCTV system which is Hikvision recorable NVR and Hikvision Mini Bullit Camera. I have signed up to this site as i am in need of some advice please. The system that i have just installed will not take my password or user name. All of the Hikvision apps settings are greyed out, I have logged into IP address that my Sky router has given the box, but again cannot log in to get the app for the camera. So nothing shows on my TV (no output from camera), all apps are greyed out so cannot get to any settings.
The box beeps five times every 30 seconds which is doing my head in, I cannot stop this as settings are greyed out! The SADP tool that I downloaded, shows the recorder box, but nothing else.
This system is supposed to be plug and play, so something must be drastically wrong. I am Linux user , I used an old laptop to put Windows 10 onto it just to set up this system, when I connect the laptop to the same network as the Hikvision system by cable, I have the exact same problems.
If anyone can help me with this, I would be most obliged, it could also stop a possible suicide of another old boy.
Thank you.

Last edited: