Hello - Trying to access ip camera

Pacey

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone.
Newbie here. I think I am in the right place. Hope you knowledgeable people can help me out.
please forgive my ignorance.
so I purchased a small camera a few months ago to watch over my pad. Everything is working fine but I suddenly realised the other day that the video is saving to a cloud somewhere and I have no idea where as it’s an unbranded camera.
Having research a little into it I’m beginning to think it’s probably not the most secure now either.
I can use it via my local network or as a kind of hotspot on my mobile and all the functions are within a limited app.
so basically, what I would like to do is access the camera via a web browser in the hope of having a little more options or at least see where the videos are saving to and maybe change the IP address of camera etc but It has no option to connect directly to the router via Ethernet cable and when I type the address in the browser it fails to load?
Does anyone have any idea how I can achieve this?
Thank you
Pacey.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to IPCT!
It's likely before anybody can offer advice, more info is needed (make, model of cam), as there are 100's of them out there.

Also, did you scan a QR code with your smartphone?

Pacey

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome to IPCT!
It's likely before anybody can offer advice, more info is needed (make, model of cam), as there are 100's of them out there.

Also, did you scan a QR code with your smartphone?
Hi Tony.
As I say, the camera is unbranded. There is no branding or model number on it at all which is a bit weird. It was purchased from Amazon.
Did I read that I could flash it with some software to find out more about it? If so, a heads up on that would be appreciated.
I did use the QR code to set it up, yes, and it uses the TinyCam pro app if that helps at all?
It only cost me £50 but it really suits because of we’re it sits. I really not want to be putting cables through. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong, or their was some software I could use to access the camera via browser? Also how easy is it to flash these things with new firmware? Could that be an option?