Help a newbie with vehicle detection for moving only

Mario P

n3wb
Reaction score
How do I program BI to only track moving vehicles.
Right now, under alerts, it lists a "Car:73%". Clip doesn't have any moving vehicles, but there is obviously a parked car across the street which has been parked there since at least yesterday.
1693321074221.png

Also, I tried to exporting the video, but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. It doesn't create the file.
1693321914983.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Post screenshots of your motion settings.

Mario P

n3wb
Reaction score
Uncheck Static object analysis?
Done. Thank you.

I also noticed that the AI is confusing a house for a bus. :) Can I do anything to change that? If not, I'll just uncheck the bus option as we only ocassionaly get school buses on our small residential street, and really don't need to track it anyways. 1693596082726.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are your cameras on default/auto settings?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And it looks like you are giving examples sun coming up and sun going down, so it could be some shadowing issues.

Remember AI isn't perfect and some fields of view are going to be problematic if someone tries to do too much with one field of view.

Mario P

n3wb
Reaction score
And it looks like you are giving examples sun coming up and sun going down, so it could be some shadowing issues.

Remember AI isn't perfect and some fields of view are going to be problematic if someone tries to do too much with one field of view.
Camera is on default settings.
With few changes that I made and one that you recommended, it has gotten much better. Thank You!
I will monitor and see if we can make improvements as I figure more things out.