[Help] Hikvision DS-KH9510 Stuck in Android Recovery - No Physical Button to Select Options

Marcos22

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm having an issue with my Hikvision DS-KH9510 video monitor. After some intermittent power outages at my house, the monitor now boots into the Android Recovery screen. I want to select the "wipe data/factory reset" option to try and restore the system to factory settings, but I'm facing a few problems:
r/Hikvision - [Help] Hikvision DS-KH9510 Stuck in Android Recovery - No Physical Button to Select Options

1. I can't find any physical button on the monitor to select options from the recovery menu. There’s only a black button (like in the attached picture), but it doesn't seem to do anything.
r/Hikvision - [Help] Hikvision DS-KH9510 Stuck in Android Recovery - No Physical Button to Select Options

2. The touch screen is disabled, so I can't select any options directly.

3. I’ve tried flashing the system via CMD using ADB. The device shows up when I run adb devices, but I couldn't get it to recognize the memory card that has the "digicap.dav" ROM file I downloaded from Hikvision's website.
I have a basic understanding of ADB and feel comfortable with some commands, but I'm not an expert in more advanced procedures. I'm looking for a simple way to get my monitor working again, either by finding a physical button I may have overlooked or through USB debugging commands.
Has anyone experienced this or have any suggestions on how to fix it?

Thanks in advance for the help!

trempa92

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The digicap is not in ROM

Its the HomeLauncher app from hikvision that prevents moving it to tray, its just an app on android.

Go to settings and change Home Launcher to Hikvision Intercom app.

I believe its called ViSapp or something like that.