Help, How can I connect a NVR Dahua and 27 IP cams?

Reaction score
Hello;
I'm new here.
I want to install a NVR Dahua with 27 ip cam.

I will use 15 of IPC-HFW1220 SP and 12 of IPC-HFW5200EP-Z12.

Could you please help me on this knowing that we have 4 floors in the building and the number of cameras is divided between those floors with long distances.​
Which NVR Dahua should I buy, reference, how many channel out, such that it supports the bandwidth of 27 cameras. Should I use a PoE switches (how many?) and how can I connect them.

How can I connect the NVR with the 27 IP cam. Directly we pull cables of every camera. I think it is too much. Or divide the number of cameras on 4 and place PoE switches between them and pull 4 cables until NVR.

How I can measure or know the bandwidth between NVR and cameras to avoid latency problem.

thanks a lot for helping me.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think you should go with 2x 16ch NVR's with that many cameras, and external PoE switches.. Give you a bit of redundancy so a problem with the NVR wont take down all video surveillance.

you should pull cables from all cameras to 48 port patch panel, and then patch it into a 48 port PoE switch, dont branch off switches... your just increasing points of failures, adding more hardware/cost, and increasing complexity.. there wont be any latency problems and you'll have full port bandwidth to each device.. You can run PoE up to 300ft from the main switch.