Help! I have locked myself out of my Hikvison NVR :(

Smitiz

n3wb
Reaction score
HEllo Everyone.

I have a Hikvision ds-7608ni-k1, I was using setup wiht a monitor via VGA cable.

I wanted to route the NVR HDMI picture to the living room from the attic via HDMI cable.

I setup allow HDMI and VGA in the menu, it rebooted, now I cannot get picture on VGA or HDMI? I have tried both cables :(

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Can you log into the NVR from a computer using the hikvision ivms software, or via a web browser and the NVR's IP address?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe the length is too long and it can't get a signal. Or maybe the port blew trying to force a signal that far (don't ask me how I know that can happen LOL).

Try a monitor next to the NVR.

And you should be able to open a web browser and type in the IP address of the NVR and see it that way.

Smitiz

n3wb
Reaction score
Maybe the length is too long and it can't get a signal. Or maybe the port blew trying to force a signal that far (don't ask me how I know that can happen LOL).

Try a monitor next to the NVR.

And you should be able to open a web browser and type in the IP address of the NVR and see it that way.
The montor wont get any signal :(

It was working good before I enabled both VGA and HDMI.

Since I enabled it, no signal on the monitor from the once good VGA, or the new HDMI or the living rool HDMI TV :(

Can I set NVR to factory reset? There is a button inside the case, but the manual says nothing about it :( I tried bushing shortly, and getting it pused down for a min, but nothing happens :(

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try powering down the NVR, while it's powered down, disconnect both monitors. Then connect your local monitor with VGA, power it back up and see if you can log in.

Smitiz

n3wb
Reaction score
Try powering down the NVR, while it's powered down, disconnect both monitors. Then connect your local monitor with VGA, power it back up and see if you can log in.
Thank you but did not work :(
Monitor shows the NVR spash screen when it starts, but after booting monitor says no signal :(