Help identify component ... fried two wanscam hw00036 with 12v

Marce

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello

I have burned 2 two camerss 720p wanscam hw00036 because wrong 12v and they use 5v!! My mistake... took apart and se a component burned that in another 3rd working camera reafs G8- ss6.... how to replace?

Pic 1 normal cam
Pic 2 burned cam (2 cams like this :( )

Attachments

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Good. Those cameras are better off dead than continuing to torture human beings. Replace them with Dahua Starlight cameras.

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
The number doesn't ring a bell. And the real marking may be underneath, or it could be "house numbered" and be meaningless.

Further, while it is possible that only that one component failed, it is also possible that a number of parts have been damaged. Sometimes bad components show no visible signs on the outside.

Still, if I knew what the part was, and they were my cameras, and I had a suitable replacement in my parts inventory, I probably would swap one out and see if it fixed it just out of curiosity.

But the others are right. This is a great opportunity for you to upgrade to far better cameras. And if someone came to me with these burned cameras wanting to pay me to repair them, I would turn them away. Other than as a hobby project, they're not worth the labor to even open them and go as far as you already have.

You could pull the good part from the good camera and see if there are better numbers underneath, and also try installing it onto one of the fried boards. Clean off any carbon, first, though. Carbon residues can conduct well enough to short things out.

And realize that because other parts in the bad cams may be blown, the "good" part might be destroyed as soon as you power the camera up.

Then you'll have three cams to replace, which, again, might be just as well, because these are not good cameras. :)

Check out the Dahua starlight 2 megapixel models. You'll have to spend some money, but you will also be really happy with the better cameras.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Even If you could find the components that "Looked" bad, unless you have above average soldering skills there would be something else in line that took the hit also. Time to cut your losses and move on.

Marce

n3wb
Reaction score
If it would have been a fuse why seems to be a 3 leg component?