HELP - Need HDW5231RP-ZE Unbricked

WA3PNT

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I upgraded my HDW5231 to the V2.64 180523 Firmware, and now it power cycles about every 1.5 minutes.
Because of this, when I attempted to upgrade to the V2.800 190325 Firmware the upgrade was interrupted, and the camera is bricked.

I am looking for someone in the USA that can unbrick the camera.
I will pay postage (USPS Priority Mail) to and from you, and also reimburse you for you work.
I am not technically proficient enough to perform the unbrick procedure. I have tried without success.

Please PM me here if you can perform the unbricking.

RodeoGeorge

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
If the firmware was a legit firmware for your camera, but after updating, the camera power cycles, you may want to contact Andy here on the forum. If you purchased the camera from him, it might be easier to diagnose and/or get it repaired. :)

WA3PNT

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If the firmware was a legit firmware for your camera, but after updating, the camera power cycles, you may want to contact Andy here on the forum. If you purchased the camera from him, it might be easier to diagnose and/or get it repaired. :)
I purchased 3 of the HDW5231 from Andy back in 2/18. They have operated flawlessly, but thought I'd update them as the original Firmware was dated 2017. I know, if it's not broke don't fix it. LOL
I went directly to the 190325 Firmware on one, and why (who knows) thought I'd try the 180523 Firmware on the next one.

I believe that the most cost effective way of recovering the camera is to find someone in the states that can perform the unbricking. As I mentioned, I have tried without success. Beyond my technical capabilities.

I won't bug Andy with an issue on a camera that is over two years old.

RodeoGeorge