Help needed for Newbie to forum - Outdoor IP Dome Cameras?

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just found your forum which is great as I need some suggestions for Outdoor IP Dome cameras and not sure what to get?

I had a couple of inexpensive Tenvis IProbot cameras mounted semi-externally on my garage which worked well until they were both ripped down and smashed recently by vandals so need something better and more secure.

What I require are cameras that are accessible via Mac OS X using browsers like Firefox, Safari & Chrome which some but not all cameras seem to offer!

Would be very grateful for some input and recommendations on reasonably priced outdoor Dome IP cameras say 1-2MP that work with Mac OS X browsers, perform well in most conditions, are vandal proof and hard to remove.

Look forward to any
suggestions.

Cheers,

TT

Reaction score
Thanks for that suggestion.

Are there any suitable dome type cameras in black, dark grey etc as white is just too conspicuous for our location?

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You can mask the cam and spray paint whatever color you want.

Reaction score
Yes I'm sure that's possible but that relies on my skills at this (minimal) and the additional time and materials involved not to mention the end result that may or may not last very long or look very good. :(

Aren't there any suitable dome type IP cameras available in black, dark grey etc? I've seen these dark colour cameras online but they all seem to be CCTV analog type?

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You are going to find that most cameras come in white. Instead of spray paint, I would think about matching the bezel or the whole camera to the color of your garage.