Help - robbed during lockdown

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Kryptonite lock will give them a headache.

It may be possible to put a kryponite lock around the outboards depending on what there is to fasten them through.

Nearest obvious locks would be for snowmobiles:

Would go with a high level product as the shed is unattended.

They might geta round them by disaambling the outboards but it would slow them down and if you have CCTV with alerts, they'd get caught in the act. Krptyonite is very resistant to both bolt cutters and grinders depending on the secuirty grade chosen.

Last edited:

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
It's past time to add a motion sensor or two to catch someone that comes through the wall, etc. This should have caught this guy too.

It's always a good practice to go over some video once a month or so, just checking for problems.

epyscs

n3wb
Reaction score
The main issue we had down there was kids getting pissed up and smashing bottles etc, so most of the CCTV has been focused on that issue. The motors we thought were stolen last time by someone getting access while we were open and hiding the motors in the bush and we didnt notice. We are now reconsidering and I am going to trial breaking in today how I reckon they might have done it.

Aa for the insurance... I have an alarm company coming down again today to upgrade the protection too... hopefully that helps the insurance co.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
The main issue we had down there was kids getting pissed up and smashing bottles etc, so most of the CCTV has been focused on that issue. The motors we thought were stolen last time by someone getting access while we were open and hiding the motors in the bush and we didnt notice. We are now reconsidering and I am going to trial breaking in today how I reckon they might have done it.

Aa for the insurance... I have an alarm company coming down again today to upgrade the protection too... hopefully that helps the insurance co.
If its not too private (I understand if it is) would like to see what this building structure looks like from the inside vs out. More specifically how the roller door is installed vs the water line. If there are windows and doors would like to see them.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score

If you find a way to secure them with Krypotonite locks, mention that to your insurance. It may qualify you for a discount. Kryptonite locks and chains are near impossible to cut and very difficult to pick:

Grinding can work but depends on the lock / chain grade. There are videos showing it working against an Evolution mini. It will likely be a slow process on the heavier rated locks. Note the size of the chain on the full size EVolution the lock picking lawyer chooses as his lock of choice (1st video). Bear in mind when it comes to picking he's an expert with expert tools and knowledge, and get into many locks in seconds.

If your external doors are padlocked, you could go kryptonite on them. However, the hasps become the weak link then as does the risk of someone ith a grinder cutting a hole in the door instead. You'll never stop them you juts need to rasie the risk to not worth it, or slow them down to get caught.