Help using old iphones as IP camera

Nialc

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone know if this feature broke with BI v5?

I have tried all night to get my old smashed iphone6 to work in this setup, but I cant get past the "Off the air" & "connection closed" Window...

Anyone who could shed some light on of this method is still suposed to work?

- Nialc

Last edited:

Nialc

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I have 2 Iphone 5s using "iPcamera" app with Blue Iris v5, do you want me to upload the info I used to get them to work?
Yeah that'd be great!
Whatever I can do to make it work would be a great help, even if its using another app..

Is that the "iPCamera" app by Dominik Seibold?

margyjr

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, Yes, "iPCamera - High-End NetworkCam 4+ by Dominik Seibold"
I will put together the steps and info and upload it soon

margyjr

n3wb
Reaction score
so after installing IpCamera App on your Iphone, open the app, and in config shown in blue text. and I set the resolution to 1280 x 720, that give you the best FPS, and Quality at .5 and click done, now record the IP address shown below config, next in Blue Iris go into add new camera and name your camera and click OK, now use attached image "Iphone setting for Blue Iris v5" use these steps 1-5, note step1 and 4 are ones you will have to type in manually , make sure you type step 4 correctly, now you should be at the video section see Image addingIphone webcam to Blue Iris v5 Image 3 and set Max, rate to 333333 [30.00fps] click Ok, now you should see the feed from your Iphone, I hope this helps, any problems let me know and I will try to help, Cheers margyjr

Attachments

Nialc

n3wb
Reaction score
so after installing IpCamera App on your Iphone, open the app, and in config shown in blue text. and I set the resolution to 1280 x 720, that give you the best FPS, and Quality at .5 and click done, now record the IP address shown below config, next in Blue Iris go into add new camera and name your camera and click OK, now use attached image "Iphone setting for Blue Iris v5" use these steps 1-5, note step1 and 4 are ones you will have to type in manually , make sure you type step 4 correctly, now you should be at the video section see Image addingIphone webcam to Blue Iris v5 Image 3 and set Max, rate to 333333 [30.00fps] click Ok, now you should see the feed from your Iphone, I hope this helps, any problems let me know and I will try to help, Cheers margyjr
Thank you margyjr,

I'm gonna try this when I get home this weekend..

This is just for fun right now, gonna put it up in one of my storage-shippingcontainers..

Onle caveat right now is the missing wifi, the container wery effectively shield off all external airborne signals and I only have fiber installed in the container right now...

As far as I know there is no way to connect a iPhone to a network through A computer with usb, right?

Last edited:

Nialc

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Nialc, Thank you for your reply, can you put a WiFi-router in the container and connect it to the fiber? also or There are adapters to connect Iphone to router by cable: iPhone ethernet adapter connects an iPhone to ethernet and power, Also here the Path info in step 4, easy to copy and paste it in,
/live?camera=0&fps=5&quality=75&resolution=320x240 , Cheers margyjr :)
That adapter-thing actually looked pretty neat, did not know those existed..

But I think Im gonna go down the wifi-route..
I’ve been meanin to replace my old Unifi AP in the cabin with a new model anyway, that way I could put the old one in the container.

atmelton

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Thanks for this margyjr! I was able to add an old iPod 6th gen to BI and can now use it as a low cost IP camera.