Help with Camera Placement

alemon

n3wb
Reaction score
Looking for advice on placing a hikvision turret cam to cover my front door. I have 2 turrets, a 2.8mm and a 6mm. I was planning to mount the 2.8mm to the side wall in this corner where the red circle is. Do you think this will give adequate visulaization of the walkway leading to the door? I was hoping the camera could be turned a bit more on its swivel mount than it does. Any advice would be appreciated.

EAA36363-F1C4-4FE0-BE54-54B3E3A56C7F.jpeg 84198EE9-4D48-4D2C-8971-E82E71023709.jpeg

Eagle55

n3wb
Reaction score
Screenshot (37).png Hi,
I have a 2.8mm Dome type camera mounted in a similar position. Although it is really hard to be that close to the area that you want to look at and get all the way to the ground, it still allows for a good picture. I see the trees that can block some of the view but maybe a little bit of trimming might help. Another thing that was a problem with my view is that they wanted to be able to see the walk on the left as well as the one on the right and on out to the street to show possible cars parked there. Hopefully I can manage to attach a picture. I'm new on the forum and haven't really learned some of the posting techniques.