Help with camera wiring Ipc board camera

J angel

n3wb
Reaction score
i came across this site with a great comparison of low light cameras
IP Camera Board Low-Light Comparison

Specifically, this camera looks like it has a great picture
Online Shop Enhanced night vision IPC 720P 1/3" SONY IMX225 sensor Hi3518 CCTV IP camera module board with LAN cable + 2.0MP LEN + IRC | Aliexpress Mobile

I am new to IP cameras and security systems in general, but am thinking about getting one of these to play with. But, can I wire this POE? Thinking I can run from my LaView NVR to this camera and separate the wires in the camera end for power and data. Does it work like that?

J angel

n3wb
Reaction score
I just received this camera and POE board. Now to figure out how to wire it up and add to my NVR. I am new to all this, so there is a bit of a learning curve.

Tehnicni

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm using these type of POE Power Over Ethernet (PoE) Adapter but without aditional RJ45 connectors and box, I just separate 4 unused wire before it go into RJ45 connector. Blue and green for -, 2 white for +. On the board camera I will use wire type RJ45 connector on picture

Attachments

Tehnicni

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It's nothing to build, only 2 connector.
For this you need POE router or POE injector and 48V power supply, which Provide 48V for your adapter. My solution is to use ordinary 12V power supply connected at the router side of the cable.

I'm using same power supply for router and camera, which provide good protection of router and camera against lightning strike. 30m of UTP cable is exelent antenna for catching lightning strike. Camera is connected to same potential as router.

Last edited: