Help with choosing camera

anai

n3wb
Jun 29, 2024
Serbia
Hi guys,

I came across this useful forum while researching cameras, and I thought to ask for your advice. I'm looking into buying my very first ip camera. I've read through some topics here and recommendations, and I see that general consensus is that Dahua 5442 s3/T54IR is the best choice for day and night footage. However, I would like to hear your opinion on whether that camera will fit my needs.

The original idea I had was to mount the camera that supports two way audio to the top right side of the front door, so I could see who knocks on the door, but also oversee the front yard and see who comes in through the gate. I was recommended Dahua HDW3849H, but upon further research I found that that camera is not that good.

There's about 25 meters from the front door to the gate. And now I'm thinking that one camera will not be able to capture both front door and the gate. Or will it?

I would like to be able to recognize and identify the person who comes through the gate because couple of times we had someone enter the yard and steal pot with flowers. Yes, you read it right, pot with flowers and it happened more than once. :lmao: The only place I can mount the camera is next to the front door, so 25 meters is the closest it can get to the gate. If a camera can have clear look only at the gate, I'd add video doorbell as well to record the front door and to get two way audio which I really want to have.

I've also seen that T58IR is quite good as well. Maybe 4k would help when zooming in? Should I get fixed or vari focal? I also want to get turret and not bullet.