Help with Dahua NVR audio sync issue

Ben Catoe

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, new to the forum and it has been very helpful with getting my new Dahua system going. Fantastic group!! I've started a new thread since I had posted this in someone else's thread. Thank you Looney2ns for the correction.

I have gotten my intrusion zones setup though I'm sure I'll tweak them a few times before I'm happy. One thing I've noticed is that the NVR has AI settings for vehicle vs human but the camera doesn't. Does this mean these settings are UNavailable to me since they need to come from the camera? Looney2ns replied to this part, I guess I just have the basic IVS in the cams so the smarter AI functions are not available. Bit of a bummer since I saw those functions supported in the NVR I was hoping to use them.

unrelated question - I was pleasantly surprised to find these cams have a mic built-in. I was assuming that was what the extra port was for. I'm guessing now that this port is an audio out? In the clips, the audio is about 10 seconds ahead of the video. How do I fix this?

My system is the Dahua N484E62S which is the N41B2P2 NVR with 6 of the N42BJ62 IP cameras.
also posting the spec sheet that Looney2ns sent me in case it helps anyone else Datasheet_4MP_8ch_Networking_Security_Systems_N484E62S_v001_004.pdf (dahuasecurity.com)

thx,
Ben