Help with defining specific camera's for a user.

Reaction score
I try to not ask questions I can solve myself with a little effort, but I am stumped. I apologize in advance, I'm not sure which topic is most appropriate to post under. I'm trying to limit the camera's a user has access to. Specifically, I have a tenent who has asked for access to my camera system. I would like to give him access to the camera's that are applicable to his unit, for example, access to the camera facing his parking spot, and the camera showing his front door. I'm not wiling to give him access to cameras that face other locations or areas that are not "his" business. I'm a blue iris amatuer and over the years I haven't really plunged too deep into the settings. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, dave

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
What kind of VMS or NVR are you using? If you're using Blue Iris, VMS, create a group with the cameras you want the tenant to have access to, then create a user and restrict that user to only that group. The tenant will only be able to see those cameras but will need to be able to access your Blue Iris server or your NVR. That is best accomplished using a VPN for security reasons.

VPN Primer