Help with Export video via Ui3

Col8

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
First of all great addition of timeline in ui3. Absolutely brilliant. If your like me have your BI server hidden away in a rack with no direct interface the Ui3 interface is essential.

Question: How can I define a time period within timeline and then export that defined clip.

Many thanks

Col8

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can anyone help me with this one please.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Don't you have another computer you can use to Remote Desktop into it?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
First of all great addition of timeline in ui3. Absolutely brilliant. If your like me have your BI server hidden away in a rack with no direct interface the Ui3 interface is essential.

Question: How can I define a time period within timeline and then export that defined clip.

Many thanks
That is not possible. You can only export from one clip at a time by right clicking those clips in the clip list and choosing Convert/export. From there you can choose a time range within the clip. But that is the only time range control there is.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You can technically export multiple clips at once if you select multiple before right clicking.

Col8

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Aghhhh. Ok. That's a shame. Would be great to select a timeline, even if that spanned multiple clips. ☹

Is it possible to request this functionality for a future release please? Many thanks in advance.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You can certainly ask, but you'll have to ask BI support, and they don't read this forum.

Col8

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, will do. I wasn't sure where to ask as I know that you have put Ui3 together and not BI. I'll ask. Can't hurt

Last edited: