Help with generic light bulb IP camera

kruuth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got a box of these things. They're a generic IP camera and they look like this:
I'm not sure the brand because the boxes are pretty generic. Anyway, there's a little piece of paper telling me to install an app from the play store, which does work. However, I tried going to the IP of the camera and there's a login page with username and password but I've tried a few of the "generic" logins and passwords and have had no luck. I can see the video stream, but with that password I can't sign in. The camera itself returns "IPC_gk7202v300_g3-wrd_S38" when I'm looking at it. Any suggestions on how to sign into this thing? It appears to be some kind of generic fw.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

kruuth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you tried Onvif Device Manager? There's a chance it supports ONVIF and maybe it doesn't require credentials for that?
It shows up in ODM for sure. I can see it there, and I can get the video feed as well, but I can't change the passwords or see the video settings or anything like that. Also, it seems like it drifts in and out of functionality, only actually working correctly with the app.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
In ODM does it show a user name under User management? Can you create/add a user there?

kruuth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can see two users, "admin" and "viewer" but when I try to change the password on either one, nothing happens. I haven't tried creating a user there. I'll try that.

kruuth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK I was able to create a new user. That was good. Can't do much with the other users but I can go in and make the changes I need.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Can you make that user admin and change the passwords for the other accounts?

kruuth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I haven't been able to change the admin password. I have tried but it won't let me as I don't know the current one.

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
That kind of scares me! An IP cam with a "bug",plugged inside a "secure area", tattle tailing back to China.