Help with IPC-T5442T-ZE Initialization error

zebra

n3wb
Reaction score
I am configuring three new IPC-T5442T-ZE. The first went smoothly using the browser interface. The second did not.

Via the browser - I set the region but I am not given the option to set the password. I have not found or guessed admin the password so I can go no further.

Via the ConfigTool, initialization fails, with the following message:
1641609461819.png

I have attempted to reset the camera via the reset button but this did not allow for successful initialization. I didn't find clear instructions to factory reset the camera, nor anything about this error code in the manual. Has anyone dealt with this? Suggestions welcome.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
When you reset the camera with the reset button you need to hold that button down for about 30 seconds. Disconnect power from the camera, hold the button and keep holding it for 30 seconds. It may be a good idea to use Internet Explorer for the browser as well. Dahua can be pretty finicky about what browser you use depending on the firmware.

zebra

n3wb
Reaction score
Good tips. I didn't realize I needed to power off before pressing the reset button.

Unfortunately - no change in behavior. The browser interface does start with the region selection, suggesting the camera was reset, but after this goes straight to a blank login form. Init via the Configtool fails the same as before.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome! Glad to be able to help you out!

For these things being centered around IE, I have no idea why Pale Moon works, but many here have had success with it. Still doesn't work for the 49225 PTZ though LOL.

zebra

n3wb
Reaction score
If I'm honest I gave that about a 5% chance of working. Thanks again!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Glad you gave that 5% a chance LOL. My camera that was that way works fine in IE now BTW.