Help with motion detection Vs alarm on tioc

xlarons

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all,

First time Dahua user here.

Got a tioc and a 4208 NVR hooked up today and I don't understand why when I set motion detection, it alarms with the red and blue lights and the siren.

I do want that, but only on a schedule, but it seems to be binary on or off as soon as I enable motion detection (the second option down on this list)

Screenshot_20231015-191425.png

Any guidance appreciated!

What I'm really after:

People events being flagged on playback and push notificationed to my phone 24/7, and between certain times people triggering the siren and lights

xlarons

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Make all settings in the cameras GUI, not the NVR.
And use a real computer and a browser, not the app to adjust other NVR settings.
Ok will give it a go thanks. I've seen a guide at some point on here to get my computer's NIC able to communicate with the camera, looks like I'll need to dig that out

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Lights and siren is set in an event rule.
This could be motion detection, SMD (smart motion detection), Video detection (standard motion detection) or IVS triggering the siren/light.

An example for an IVS configuration:
1697412716195.png

The bottom of the event has camera audio and light function.
1697412870414.png

SMD - Smart motion detection works alongside standard video detection (motion detection - MD).
Photo is camera interface (new version).
1697412949128.png
Video detection:
You can see the 'event linkage'. This is where the light/siren event would be linked to start if motion detection is triggered.
1697413009270.png

This is the older interface on my thermal camera.
Imagine in here the option for the siren/light on video detection.
1697413196628.png

Hope this helps.
Please reply with screenshots if you're having trouble finding it within the interface.

xlarons

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hope this helps.
Please reply with screenshots if you're having trouble finding it within the interface.
thanks Mark that's super helpful!

I am still struggling however. I've tried using the SmartPSS Windows app, and have even clicked on LInk to Web. One thing I've not yet done is looked at the web interface of the camera like @looney2ns suggested.

My main struggle is where to set the config:

1) SmartPSS linked to the NVR "event config" screen:
SmartPSS-NVR.png
2) Web interface of the NVR
NVR web interface.png
3) Web interface of the camera which i've not yet tried.

P.S I just enabled SMD Human in 1) SmartPSS and I Walked infront of the camera and I got no siren, but also no alarm noted anywhere I can see.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
thanks Mark that's super helpful!

I am still struggling however. I've tried using the SmartPSS Windows app, and have even clicked on LInk to Web. One thing I've not yet done is looked at the web interface of the camera like @looney2ns suggested.

My main struggle is where to set the config:

1) SmartPSS linked to the NVR "event config" screen:
View attachment 175124
2) Web interface of the NVR
View attachment 175125
3) Web interface of the camera which i've not yet tried.

P.S I just enabled SMD Human in 1) SmartPSS and I Walked infront of the camera and I got no siren, but also no alarm noted anywhere I can see.
Ultimately the Smart motion detection is disabled here (the tick box is off).
1697454373089.png

Also check the camera siren/light is enabled or not enabled in the IVS parameters.

And just remember:
The TiOC cameras have a disarming function.
In the NVR's web interface, go into Alarm > Disarming.
When 'disarming' is enabled, the camera will not activate it's siren/light.
1697453848432.png

In DMSS app, click on the device > toggle disarming.
1697454120400.png

You can schedule this to automatically arm/disarm the camera.
E.g. 8am-8pm the camera is disarmed, so over night it's armed and will sound the siren when someone walks into view.
You can adjust where someone needs to be before it triggers with IVS rules.

IVS rules are the blue lines/boxes in this video:

xlarons

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks once again @Mark_M ! Can I assume from your screenshots the best place to do this config is in the web interface of the NVR?

xlarons

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks. That's what was overwhelming me. So many possibilities of WHERE to change settings and very many more settings than I'm used to ! (FIGHT detection is an option in my menu )

xlarons

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, I suggest configuring from the NVR web interface or using the mouse connected to the NVR.
Hoping you can have a look at this IVS config please. I've created an "intrusion" rule. Set it to 24/7 and clicked the "light" button to hopefully trigger the alarm, but I don't get the TIOC to alarm, nor do I see any event triggered when I walk around in the yellow set area. i do see a yellow line on the "search" menu timeline though for a motion event. Any ideas please? I would like the lights, siren, alarm logged in the NVR and a push notification

Attachments

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hoping you can have a look at this IVS config please. I've created an "intrusion" rule. Set it to 24/7 and clicked the "light" button to hopefully trigger the alarm, but I don't get the TIOC to alarm, nor do I see any event triggered when I walk around in the yellow set area. i do see a yellow line on the "search" menu timeline though for a motion event. Any ideas please? I would like the lights, siren, alarm logged in the NVR and a push notification
You need to leave some room around the edges of that intrusion zone, the camera needs a little time to determine that the target is legit.
So, pull your zone in from the sides some.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What @looney2ns said about room for someone to cross the line
and,
You need disarming turned off.
I showed in the previous images how to do it from the NVR's web interface and in DMSS app.
On the NVR's mouse you can click the bell icon.
1697501404194.png1697501435162.png

xlarons

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What @looney2ns said about room for someone to cross the line
and,
You need disarming turned off.
I showed in the previous images how to do it from the NVR's web interface and in DMSS app.
On the NVR's mouse you can click the bell icon.
Still struggling here....but progress.

This config below flashes the light when I walk in front of the camera but doesn't play a sound. I feel like I can actually distantly hear the NVR unit itsself making a little beep.

The schedule was completely ignored. I was testing a few minutes before and after the 1 minute window, and the behaviour didn't change. Lights flashed, a little beep
Screenshot 2023-10-17 at 16.47.41.png1697558595483.png

I did note that different to @Mark_M 's screenshots, I don't see an "Event Linkage" button anywhere.

It's a IPC-HDW3549H-AS-PV running through a DHI-NVR4104-P-4KS2

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Still struggling here....but progress.

This config below flashes the light when I walk in front of the camera but doesn't play a sound. I feel like I can actually distantly hear the NVR unit itsself making a little beep.

The schedule was completely ignored. I was testing a few minutes before and after the 1 minute window, and the behaviour didn't change. Lights flashed, a little beep
View attachment 175228

I did note that different to @Mark_M 's screenshots, I don't see an "Event Linkage" button anywhere.

It's a IPC-HDW3549H-AS-PV running through a DHI-NVR4104-P-4KS2
Under the 'more button' is the buzzer for the NVR. You might have that turned on if the NVR is making a noise.
1697589553556.png

and the camera is not making a noise because you do not have the sound enabled.
1697589609743.png

My suggestion:
Do not use SMD/Video detection to activate the sound/light on the camera.
Do the detection with IVS.
You have already set this up here:

On the TiOC cameras,
The purpose of SMD is mainly to switch from IR light at night to a white light (so the video turns to colour).
IVS is mainly used to activate the siren/light.

Why?
SMD triggers as soon as it sees a person and/or vehicle. That will get annoying very quickly when someone walks past on the street!!

xlarons

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do the detection with IVS.
i'm really struggling with getting IVS to work. I made the mapping in in the AI -> Parameters -> IVS config screen a LOT smaller, like 10% of the surveilled area, just to test, and trying both tripwire and intrusion I cannot get it to trigger. I tried setting the target filter really small too, so a big bloke walking through the small area should easily trigger it.

It doesn't log anything in the AI Search menu, nor does it put a yellow line on the Search timeline (like motion detection/SMD does), nor does it show anything in the Alarm info.
Screenshot 2023-10-22 at 15.37.00.png

xlarons

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
STOP PRESS! Ithink I sussed it, this little blighter wanted pressing :lmao::rofl::lmao:Screenshot_20231022-163232.png