Help with remote access and IVMS-4500 access to nvr DS7608N-E2/8P

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I've read countless topics and watched many videos to absorb as much info as I could from the experienced experts and beginners have provided on this forum in preparations for my first install. So far the equipment plug and plays with no issue, but it's the network configuration portion that has me pounding the table. This is my first stab at getting it set up, so after a couple of days, I am still failing to get the mobile app (IVMS-4500) working, so I am now reaching out to the community for some help. So thank you in advance.

Here's the current hardware I am dealing with:
Hikvision nvr DS7608N-E2/8P firmware v3.0.10
Hikvision dome DS-2CD3132-I firmware v5.3.0
Motorola NVG589 broadband router

Here's an overview of the steps I went through setting up the network configuration. So everything seems to work fine all the way up to step 7 once I can successfully access the nvr on the hik-online.com website, I still cannot get the IVMS-4500 to list my cameras after the nvr is added? Did I miss a step?

1) Plugged in domes to poe ports, then powered on nvr and go through wizard to configure the network settings
2) NVR > Network > General, followed steps to enable the DHCP to obtain the IPv4 Address/Gateway info, inputted the DNS Server info(from broadband router's primary DNS), then disabled the DHCP
3) NVR > Network > More Settings, verified the ports Server: 8000, HTTP: 80, RTSP: 5554

4) PC > Opened a browser to access the broadband router (Motorola NVG589) ip address. Accessed the Firewall > NAT/Gaming tab to create 3 custom service(s) each with ports 80/8000/5554 assigned to the nvr ip address
5) PC > Opened a browser to access canyouseeme.org and verified each port tested a status "Success"

6) NVR > Network > Extranet Access, enabled DDNS/HiDDNS
Server Address: www.hik-online.com
Domain: <domainname>

7) PC > Opened a browser and went to www.hik-online.com to create a new account. Clicked on Device Management and successfully added device (nvr serial number/device domain/80)
- Clicked on Device URL Link and remoted into nvr successfully
- ISSUE found Live View only able to view one camera at a time or Fails to to connect. This is random.
- ISSUE found with Playback seems to always fail

8) iphone > Installed IVMS-4500. Added device using
Register Mode: HiDDNS
Device Domain: <domainname created from hik-online.com>

-Saves successfully, however ISSUE with camera = 0, so unable to Start Live View

Reaction score
UPDATE: I finally got it working! I tried using my work connection (instead of home network) this time around.

7) I found in some topics, users recommended using the Firefox browser and which I have also found to be much more stable than using IE or Chrome. I found the page logs in and also loads up quicker. Now I am able to view all of the dome cameras at once.

However, I still have an ISSUE with the Playback tab crashing each time I try to replay a video, perhaps one of my nvr settings is not correct for this?

8) For IVMS-4500, I decided to add a new device but instead of using the hiDDNS mode, I used the IP/Domain option.

Alias: NVR Device 01
Register Mode: IP/Domain
Address: <Dynamic IP address> from hik-online.com Device Status line
Port: 8000
User Name: <nvr username>
Password: <password>

When I saved, the device listed ALL of the cameras!

Thank goodness for the knowledgeable amount of information that can be found here I was able to figure out the issue. Definitely put in some hours on getting this up and running, but a totally gratifying experience.

Tipring

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I have same setup. I was having same problem see if this helps. I did have everything working until I downloaded Android Marshmallow on Nexus 5 now can't connect and I am seeing ?? on internet about IVMS and Marshmallow.
ameras
Don't need step 6 at all/ IVMS is the workaround for this step.
I did step 4 but I don't think you need(I would leave it the way you have and can remove if not needed)

What I added was in NVG589. ADD pass thru for ip address of NVR. Mine was 192.168.1.110 THEN my mistake was in IVMS / use ip-domain and enter the NVG589 OUTSIDE IP ADDRESS.... something like 107.xxx.x.xx or whatever you NVG IP address is. It worked for me and I was able to see the Hikvision cameras at Hikvision corporate offices(loaded default) and my system, all cameras. ALL worked fine until I downloaded Marshmallow yesterday. It was working constantly for 3 weeks.

hope this helps/worth a try
tipring