Reaction score
Hi,
Im interesting the HFW1831E
But I saw its max bitrate 8192kbps.
Is it enough?
Saw cameras with 16000+ kbps...
Its half...
What you guys thinking?
And what you guys thinking about this cam in generally?
Thanks ☺

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Search is your friend.

Jomsha

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I saw all the topics about this camera..
All the comments are pretty old. And talked about problematic latest firmware..
Thats why I need new comments about this camera for now.. thanks

zape

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Short answer is NO
Especially if you plan to use is without NVR

Jomsha

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Its with NVR
But why not? Can you explain please?

Hazza06

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i have one, running F/W DH_IPC-HX2(1)XXX-Sag_EngSpnFrn_PN_V2.800.0000000.5.R.200107.bin

paired with NVR DHI-NVR4216-16P-4KS2 running FW V4.001.0000000.4, Build Date: 2020-07-07

it's been rock solid, best part is it does 30fps @4k 8MP, and when set to VBR on best quality, the bit rate easily goes upto 11-12Mbps in day mode. Night mode is naturally lower B/W...for the intended security application, video quality is easily good enough, especially for the low price...

Be aware the IPC-HFW1831E is end of life, so if you do have any F/W issues, you'll be stuck... Dahua no longer make any Lite bullet cams that do 30fps @4K....the current Lite generation only do 15fps @4K 8MP, even though the SoC is 20fps capable....seems in current generation, only the much more expensive WizMind series in bullet now does the higher frame rate @4K 8MP

Last edited:

Jomsha

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i have one, running F/W DH_IPC-HX2(1)XXX-Sag_EngSpnFrn_PN_V2.800.0000000.5.R.200107.bin

paired with NVR DHI-NVR4216-16P-4KS2 running FW V4.001.0000000.4, Build Date: 2020-07-07

it's been rock solid, best part is it does 30fps @4k 8MP, and when set to VBR on best quality, the bit rate easily goes upto 11-12Mbps in day mode. Night mode is naturally lower B/W...for the intended security application, video quality is easily good enough, especially for the low price...

Be aware the IPC-HFW1831E is end of life, so if you do have any F/W issues, you'll be stuck... Dahua no longer make any Lite bullet cams that do 30fps @4K....the current Lite generation only do 15fps @4K 8MP, even though the SoC is 20fps capable....seems in current generation, only the much more expensive WizMind series in bullet now does the higher frame rate @4K 8MP
Thanks mate.
So you are recommending this camera?

Hazza06

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks mate.
So you are recommending this camera?
it's been rock solid in my environment, i'm not using any IVS, so unable to comment on either tripwire or intrusion function...

The motion detection is quite good, easily as equally good in function to the current 2831-*-S2 generation motion detection function.

i've got a few more IPC to install myself, and still can't decide on the IPC-HFW1831E or the varifocal IPC-HFW2831T-ZS-S2 ( which only does 15fps, even though the SoC is 20fps capable )....

zape

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Its with NVR
But why not? Can you explain please?
I had issues IPC-HFW1831E broken image
I thought I had a faulty camera but replacement has the same issue, which resolved after I switched to NVR
I think the CPU is not fast enough to keep up with this resolution and frame rate which basically renders this camera unusable without NVR.
I'm not surprised Dahua has now discontinued this model

Hazza06

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had issues IPC-HFW1831E broken image
I thought I had a faulty camera but replacement has the same issue, which resolved after I switched to NVR
I think the CPU is not fast enough to keep up with this resolution and frame rate which basically renders this camera unusable without NVR.
I'm not surprised Dahua has now discontinued this model

i've not had this issue, the live feed from the camera GUI has been stable for me. I rarely use the camera GUI live TV function though, as i view any recordings or live video from the NVR. My IPC-HFW1831E is directly connected to my NVR, and when i first installed / prestaged the IPC, i had it connected to my cisco POE switch, and also the IPC was stable without any issues.

Also it's a bit of an odd use case scenario, that you would run an IPC without SDXC slot and without NVR, where are your recordings stored ? and if not storing video, what is the purpose of IPC without recordings ? i can only conclude your use if live video only, but for a security point of view, you would have to watch the feed 24x7x365....

zape

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i've not had this issue, the live feed from the camera GUI has been stable for me. I rarely use the camera GUI live TV function though, as i view any recordings or live video from the NVR. My IPC-HFW1831E is directly connected to my NVR, and when i first installed / prestaged the IPC, i had it connected to my cisco POE switch, and also the IPC was stable without any issues.

Also it's a bit of an odd use case scenario, that you would run an IPC without SDXC slot and without NVR, where are your recordings stored ? and if not storing video, what is the purpose of IPC without recordings ? i can only conclude your use if live video only, but for a security point of view, you would have to watch the feed 24x7x365....
The issue was only until I connected it to NVR
I used NFS share on my NAS and had the camera record to that share.