Hi, looking to start up home security company

malkorok

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys

I'm a current installer of Axis/Geovision cameras, and have just ventured out to start my own company, mainly focusing on home installs. I was planning on using different cameras/software as I find both Axis and geovision are lacking in both the hardware(keeping up to date) and definitely the software end.

Were you generally pleased with the quality, longevity of the Dahua or Hikvision cameras that you installed?

Thanks

M.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I have been extremely pleased with both Dahua and Hikvision camera quality and longevity. I don't install professionally, but I deal with about 30+ installed cameras which are a mix of Dahua and Hikvision.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi guys

I'm a current installer of Axis/Geovision cameras, and have just ventured out to start my own company, mainly focusing on home installs. I was planning on using different cameras/software as I find both Axis and geovision are lacking in both the hardware(keeping up to date) and definitely the software end.

Were you generally pleased with the quality, longevity of the Dahua or Hikvision cameras that you installed?

Thanks

M.

Hello Mal,
I cannot speak for the Hics but as far as the Dahua stuff it has performed Really well over the years. I do IT work and have come in behind installers who use Dahua and I can say have been running for around 8 years around the clock. I was given the job of installing security systems for a local Government I work for and have been really pleased with the cameras, NVR's and DVR's. The management software is pretty good and the Big Bosses are VERY happy with they way the systems have preformed over the years. The Big BOY installers like TYCO and ADT can not even come close on price on a large install. I was working with some guys from TYCO on a security door install last week and they noticed the security cameras and I gave them a tour of the systems and cameras I installed. They could not get over the quality of the video feeds. That really says a lot about the quality and price of the Dahua stuff. Installing security systems is not my bread and butter but I have really enjoyed doing it and learning a new avenue of Income to boot. Support is KEY in my case, I need to be able to pick up the phone and talk to the vendor I purchased from. There are really good customer base vendors here in the vendor form..ok another shameless plug for Nellys, I call they remote in and boom done. I need that being a novice here at installing and configuring.
Good luck on your venture and Its a expanding market for sure. This form is a JEWEL of info on issues so keep us updated of the business venture.
Chris