Hi to all from a new member

misterfredsr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi to all from a new member,
I’m looking for a system to keep an eye in and around my house because my mom has Alzheimer’s and is recovering from a broken hip. I would really like to keep an eye on what going on in my house when the sitters come by and spent time with my mom while I’m at work.
My problem is I know very little bout surveillance systems. The only thing that I have really learned here is that everything needs to be wired and you need to get good brand named cameras.
I’m looking for a good PC to run blue iris because I believe I’ll be able to run a wider range of cameras if nothing else I’ll have a new computer.
My first question is what are the chances of me with my no knowledge get a system up and running? I do have an open attic to reach everywhere that I need at put a camera it’s just the switches, port forwarding, etc…. I’m going to have problems with if I don't have good instructions.
I did buy one of those foscam cameras to get my feet wet and after 2 months I finely got tired of resetting it all the time(wifi) to just to use it.
Thank,
Fred