Hi

Reaction score
I’ve lerked long enough. I’m starting to recognize names and know when I’m seeing an answer. Thank you staff and others making this forum what it is.

If anyone cares, I’m running a Dell R320 with a E5-1410 @ 2.80GHz, 24 GB Ram, 512 GB SSD (Win Server 2016) and 16 TB 7200k SAS storage (storage space).

I have (1) Amcrest 4K Bullet PoE, (1) Amcrest 2MP Dome, and (2) Amcrest 4MP Bullet PoE.

Software I’m running Blue Iris 5 (bought here through IP Cam Talk) Full license.

I wish I had a half intelligent question to ask; let alone a more complete description of my setup. Let me know.

Semper Fi.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I should also note, I run full resolution on those cameras only because of their angle and depth, but only record at 10 FPS.

I’m always looking to expand and/or grow.

If Amcrest is garbage, please let me know why and I’ll be more than happy to listen why and maybe upgrade.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I should also note, I run full resolution on those cameras only because of their angle and depth, but only record at 10 FPS.

I’m always looking to expand and/or grow.

If Amcrest is garbage, please let me know why and I’ll be more than happy to listen why and maybe upgrade.
Amcrest is rebranded Dahua, with usually some features stripped out.
See here: Choosing Hardware for Blue Iris | IP Cam Talk and Optimizing Blue Iris's CPU Usage | IP Cam Talk

The processor in that server is old, and is most likely a power hog/room heater. $200 reburbed would pay for it's self in short order.

Reaction score
Amcrest is rebranded Dahua, with usually some features stripped out.
See here: Choosing Hardware for Blue Iris | IP Cam Talk and Optimizing Blue Iris's CPU Usage | IP Cam Talk

The processor in that server is old, and is most likely a power hog/room heater. $200 reburbed would pay for it's self in short order.
While it is an older system it only uses about 140W while doing its thing. It's only adding about $11/mo ( $0.11/KWh) which isn't horrible. I know I could really cut that down with an updated system but I'd need to buy and setup a new system which isn't on my list of priorities. Plus, it serves more than just BlueIris which is why I decided to use it.

*Edit* I just double check with my Kill-A-Watt and it's only using 95W. It must have been doing some heavier lifting the day I originally checked.

Last edited: