Hide the PTZ controls?

DistantSun

n3wb
Reaction score
I've used the Android for ages and when you turn the phone into horizontal view, it hides the PTZ controls so that the cameras fill the whole screen. The iPad app doesn't seem to do this, am I missing some option? As it is, my three cameras all together use perhaps 25% to 30% of the screen real estate, even with the sidebar hidden, which just seems crazy. I am using iOS 15, if that matters. Any help would be appreciated.

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The ptz controls disappear when I turn my iPhone to landscape orientation, but not sure about iPad. Does it make any difference if you toggle “split view on iPad” in the app settings?

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No difference at all, unfortunately. I have tried so many settings but it must be there somewhere!
I just tested this on iPad. I can get the ptz controls to disappear if I disable “split view on iPad,” then force quit the app, then relaunch it, view a live camera, then turn the device to landscape orientation.

DistantSun

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your help! I did find a simpler solution last night by accident: just double tapping on any of the cameras. Single tapping changes to that camera, double tapping causes all cameras to fill the screen. Works in either orientation. The documentation wasn't helpful, not sure why this isn't better explained.