Hik Connect and motion detection

bear

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there,

Having a bit of trouble with Hik Connect and my NVR.

Tech / background info is at the bottom just to be complete/clear.

I've set up Hik Connect on my phone, and it works. I can see "live" and "playback" whether I'm on my own Wifi (same subnet as the NVR) or on 4G with no direct access. However, I can't get "push" notifications to happen reliably. Or any sort of motion detection. The "audible warning" works locally, and I get the "!" symbol on the local screen when motion detection happens, but almost nothing on Hik Connect.

The "almost" is critical here - I do occasionally get a pop up, and a "message" in the app. But I've set the sensitivity to 100 for testing, so the audible alert is going off every few seconds, but the app almost never. Just now I had a truck drive past my house, a massive motion to detect. Beep beep beep, but no alert on my phone.

I've also set it up to send me emails, using my own in-house mail server. If I'm right, this shouldn't be using anything outside this office. Previously I was getting emails every minute or so with the 100% setting, but they seem to have decreased a lot, and I don't know why, I don't think I've changed anything. Surely I should get an email and a notification every time I hear a beep, is that right? Thinking about it, THIS IS THE REAL QUESTION I AM ASKING HERE! :) Sorry to waffle, I'm just trying to be clear.

Any advice as to how I might have configured this wrongly, or something I'm missing, is most welcome. I've tried to be clear here, and I've tried to sort this myself, but I've hit a wall. Thanks for your help.

Setup info:

NVR = DS-7608NI-K2/8P
F/W = 3.4.93 170408 (apparently the latest)
Phone = Samsung Galaxy S8 (about to go try an iPhone now)

I haven't TOUCHED the camera config, just doing it all through the DVR. Only 3 common-model cameras on a 192.168.254 default setup. Connected to my LAN as 192.168.27.1.

Access is fine on my network, no access to NVR from outside (no port forwarding).

My internet connection is Virgin Media Business 350/15, crazy fast and crazy reliable, I've never had a problem with it.

Platform Access tab:
Enable =YES
Access Type = Hik-Connect
Server Address = dev.hik-connect.com (Custom = NO)
Enable Stream Encryption = NO
Verification code = (my own)
Status = Online

Camera Motion Tab:
Camera: [D1] Office
Enable Motion Detection: YES
Settings: Trigger channel: D1 / Arming schedule: 0000-2400 / Linkage Action: Audible Alarm, Send Email

Email settings - won't go in to detail here, but if it works sometimes, I'm assuming the server is correctly configured.